Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This past weekend

We had a busy weekend!

On Friday night, we went to the Flyleaf/Breaking Benjamin/Three Days Grace Concert in Peoria. We had a great time. The bands were awesome (esp. 3DG). Im glad we didnt get floor seats! There were shoes and bottles and all kinds of other stuff being thrown. I guess it means Im old, but that would have gotten on my nerves really fast had I been the one getting hit with that stuff. I also think it was Be 14 and get a free beer night or something. Lots of severely-underage drinking going on there. It was the same way when we saw Kenny Chesney at the Coliseum last September. No one hosted Free Beer for 14 year olds night when I was 14. :) We did have a really good time, and it was great to get to hang out with Dan's brother Dean for awhile!

On Saturday, we (meaning Dan) embarked on the much awaited task of painting our bedroom. It has been light blue since we bought the house many years ago, so we decided it is time to make it our own. Im not allowed to paint in the house (thats another post, apparently ADD and painting do not work well together ;). We are painting it the same gray color we have in the living room. We moved lots of stuff out (even got rid of some stuff!!) and taped off the trim that he didnt remove.

On Sunday, we watched Dallas lose and the other games. (On a tangent, I hope to enjoy the Saints stomping Brett Far-va-ray and the Vikings next week! Brett - you're going to be lookin' like a fool with YOUR pants on the ground - haha! )We went to Chris' for B&G breakfast and had a cuss-fest while watching the game (ok, that was mostly me, but whatever!! Tony Romo WAS playing worse than a girl!!) I have figured it out. I think my Throwback Troy Aikman jersey is bad luck. I wore my Witten jersey last week and they won with style. Aikman jersey this week, and they choked! Then we went home and Dan painted more.

Yesterday, lunch at Kemps, then more paint touch-ups. I finally took the Christmas decs up into the garage attic. They've been down for a few weeks now, but I just hadn't taken them upstairs. I love Christmas, but its a relief to have them off the counter for another three hundred and something days.

Have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment