Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas & Cruddy Weather!!

I was going to log in on Christmas morning and talk about how grateful I was that we didnt get any snow and about how I can live without a white Christmas some years. Im glad I didnt. For about 2-3 days before Christmas, we had a steady, heavy rain. Things were starting to flood, but it did make for some good parking spaces and last minute bargains at the mall since very few people were out in it. About halfway through the B-fam Christmas party in Heyworth, everyone started talking about how hard it was snowing. The rain turned to snow and it was a mess. We got a few inches of snow and eventually it stopped. It started again a few days later. Then stopped again. We are supposed to get a winter storm tomorrow. Great! They are shutting the heat off in my building at work for a few days, so that should make for some chilly times!

Florida fam- we are jealous of you right now ;) Soaking up all the sun ;)

We have been in a nasty deep freeze for several da
ys. It started a few days after Christmas and will continue through at least the end of this week. Yuck! It literally feels like it bites your skin when you walk outside without gloves or a hat or coat on. I took the trash & recycle out last night (just outside the door to the bins) and it was COLD!!! It makes me feel bad for Lightning and what he went through when his horrible former-owner left him outside overnight in a mesh carrier in -30 degree temperatures. Im really not sure how he survived it, but Im sure he suffered a lot. At least now, our little beast has a warm home and can look outside from the warmth of inside the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment