Monday, March 23, 2009

Part III - It's never-ending!!

On Saturday, we met up with one of Dan's best friends, also named Tim, at Gators for lunch. Tim now lives in St. Pete with his wife, Holli. (Do all "Tims" from L-town move to Florida?? Maybe!) Dan and I both worked with Tim at Main Street Pizza in high school (that's a whole 'nother blog!! :) It was great to see Tim and I know Dan enjoyed spending time with him.

We then went to Candy Kitchen by the beach and bought candy and ice cream (are you seeing a theme here?!? :) Eating ice cream on the beach is fun, yet difficult. I failed miserbly and ended up getting more on my clothes and in the sand than in my mouth (as anyone who knows me well will tell you, it isn't uncommon for me to share food with my clothes!).

We went to a club called Howl at the Moon on Saturday night. There are dualing-piano guys who sing and play. If you've never been and like music, go! You'll have a blast! Everyone from our group agreed their favorite song of the night was when one of the guys played and sang the Soulja Boy song "Crank That" (I think that is the name of it, it's the one where they say "youuu" a lot). They played everything from Snoop Dog to Neil Diamond to Vanilla Ice. It was incredible and fun. Vianney, Nadyne's sister-in-law, got up on stage at one point. She's the one closest on the left in the purple shirt. She rocks!

(A HUGE "Thank you" to Doug, who not only let me borrow his camera since I forgot mine, but also sent us the pictures. Doug, you're awesome!! :)

We then went back to Tim & Nadyne's where we all crashed. But not before a 1:57am run to Burger King. I say 1:57am because they close at 2:00am. I'm sure they were not happy with us, but no one found any strange things in our food, so I guess it was all good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment