On Wednesday, we embarked on the long journey to Texas. We left home at about 7:30am. On the almost twelve hour journey, we saw lots of traffic, a huge Indian statue, and the never-ending highways of Oklahoma (among other things). We arrived there a little before 8pm and were greeted by Randy & Pat, Tim & Nadyne, and Mike (Pat ’ s brother) & Anne (his wife). We ended the evening by going to Sonic and enjoying our first-ever Sonic meal. We always see the commercials, but don’t have any Sonics near us. Not bad!!
Thursday was Thanksgiving. We started the day by going to Wally World for groceries for the meal. They had lots of Dallas Cowboys stuff- that was nice. I made my famous Buffalo Chicken Wing dip. I learned the hard way that Wal-Mart does not carry mild sauce, so we went with buffalo. It was much hotter than when I normally make it. We had a nice dinner with lots of nice people. We joked that we had to sit at the “kid’s table” because there were so many people, we had to set up a card table in the living room. It was nice. And Dallas won! :)
Friday was nice too. We usually go “ Black Friday ” shopping at home, but decided not to as there was limited room on the ride home. We did end up at a mall and Old Navy in the afternoon. The only things I really bought were for myself. I haven’t started my official Christmas shopping yet. On the way home from the busy mall, we stopped at a little restaurant called Golden Chick. They don’t have those in Illinois. They should! Yum! Later that night, we went to a place called the Beer Barn. Randy & Pat live in a dry county, so we drove to the Beer Barn and bought some goodies. We also found out that Lexington lost the 1A class State Football game earlier in the day. Boo! Poor Pat had to work 10 hours that day. I used to work retail, so I know that day can be brutal.
No comments:
Post a Comment