So, I have been the worst blogger in recent history. Not only have I not updated the blog recently, I also haven’t kept up on many things in life that I should have (birthdays, anniversaries, moves, etc). Saying things have been crazy both in my life and around our house lately is an understatement.
First up, my class isn’t going very well. My professor is one of those notorious B-givers, so I am struggling with that. People like that shouldn’t be teachers. We are there to learn, not to write for the New York Times. We know we are not perfect, but an "A" shouldn't be perfection, it should reflect effort and progress. He assigns tons of reading, class presentations, short assignments and a huge paper, which is thankfully divided into parts. But still, one part is due quite often, so there is constantly something due soon and I have been busy with that. I need to just be accept that I’m going to get a “B” and move on. (Sorry, I’ll save you the rest of my rant)
Work has been crazy busy lately.
Dan has been working diligently on the house. He is in the process of putting the floor down in the hallway. The trim is completely torn off, as are the doors. The carpet is just laying on the floorboard, the nails have been removed. It’s ready to be removed as soon as it’s time to install the hardwood. Our house is a mess, but it will be SO worth it when everything is done. He also recently painted the bedroom and installed the tv, so we are waiting to put new carpet in there and reinstall the trim.
Needless to say, between the 1-2am bedtimes and being up at 5:15am, plus having the weekends packed full of stuff, I haven’t had much time lately. I actually painted my own toenails and fingernails this past weekend as I haven’t had time to make an appointment. Not the worst thing in the world, I know. But, I don’t have much patience, plus when you have a tummy, it's hard to maneuver around that to reach your toes. Anyways...
Tim and Nadyne moved last week, and I haven’t had a chance to check in with them. I got home late (11pm) on Pat’s b-day, so I didn’t get a chance to call her. I still have Connie’s b-day gift sitting at home and I forgot to email her and Larry for their anniversary.
So, Tim and Nadyne- congrats on the new digs!! Can’t wait to see it! Connie & Larry- happy belated anniversary- your card will be in the mail soon- I promise!! Pat- Happy belated b-day. I will call you soon!P.S. Tim called the other day, so I have talked to him since I wrote this and I did send Connie's b-day gift. Making progress.. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment